(Here is the context of this discussion)
PO, Instead of me complaining at the end of a relationship/friendship, after they finally get to know how I prefer to be treated and they then realise that I was not suited to them as a friend or possible partner,
I propose that I put my preferences, of how I would like to be treated, upfront.
This means making my implicit demands for relating more explicit.
If anything it could save a lot of time and heart ache and who knows, I may have discovered/recovered a way to find my soul mate. Here are my preferences or explicit demands and I will be practicing using them in this discussion.
The rules of engagement that I prefer to interact with are, 6 words/concepts beginning with A. I would prefer that someone speaks to me with Adjustable, Accountable and ultimately Acceptable language.
That if/when someone fails to achieve this with me, I will try notify them using Appreciation, Acknowledgment and Apology (speech in defense).
*Please note: Any members that participate in this discussion should be aware that although I am not expecting, demanding, or imposing this framework upon them, I reserve the right to practice this framework in any posts and when someone uses what I consider non-adjustable, non-accountable or unacceptable language on me, I will try inform them using appreciation, acknowledgment and apology.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and if you do not wish to participate I will understand.
Just did a bit of research and found a review of his book:
I have not read it.
It is a book written 20 years ago where EdB interviews successful people and their tatics. some points from review:
- a positive attitude;
- knowing what you want to do;
- make the most of your own talent;
- energy, persistence, determination & singlemindedness seem important in all cases;
- there is always action i.e take a step & then the next step;
- a sense of integrity toward oneshelf & others;
- an expectation of success & the ability to think big;
- ability to set goals & targets, & also to have dreams;
- creativity & the ability to see things differently & to think new thoughts;
- both a seizing of opportunities & also a creation of opportunities;
- eagerness & enthusiasm & the willingness to make things happen;